Helcim is searching for a Junior Developer, responsible for helping develop back-end and front-end systems. We're looking for a talented individual with a passion for coding and strong problem-solving skills.
As a member of our development team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. This is a junior position; we train talented but less-experienced developers and help further their skill sets.
- Work under the Development Manager, staying up-to-date on assigned projects in a Agile/Kanban workflow.
- Build smart and efficient code that works well within a service-based system architecture.
- Develop new features and systems, as well as maintain existing ones.
- Coordinate with other team members on larger projects, as well as making sure that all systems are communicating effectively.
- Ensure that coding standards are always implemented across all code.
- Work with the QA team on having all code changes tested before production release.
- Bachelor's or technical degree in computer programming, computer science or object-oriented software development.
- Experience with Object-Oriented-Programming languages, such as PHP, Java, C# or Python.
- Experience with distributed version control system, such as GIT.
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database systems.
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems is an asset.
Compensation, Benefits & Hours
Salary based on experience and education. Helcim offers paid health benefits and great vacation time. Full-time position in Calgary; 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.