Helcim is searching for a Junior Developer to be responsible for helping develop back-end and front-end systems. We're looking for a talented individual with a passion for coding and strong problem-solving skills.
As a member of our development team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. This is a junior position; we train talented but less-experienced developers and help further their skill sets.
- Work under the Development Manager, staying up-to-date on assigned projects in an Agile/Kanban workflow.
- Building smart and efficient code that works well within a service-based system architecture.
- Developing new features and systems, as well as maintain existing ones.
- Coordinating with other team members on larger projects, as well as making sure that all systems are communicating effectively.
- Ensuring that coding standards are always implemented across all code.
- Working with the QA team on having all code changes tested before production release.
- Bachelor's or technical degree in computer programming, computer science or object-oriented software development.
- Experience with Object-Oriented-Programming languages, such as PHP, Java, C# or Python.
- Experience with distributed version control system, such as GIT.
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database systems.
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems is an asset.
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 98 on the Growth 500 list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim, we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment, where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team, you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, company profit share, paid health benefits, stock options, and three weeks vacation time for your first year that increases to four weeks after your first anniversary. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled, then recharge and connect with your team members at regular company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that will encourage discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.