Helcim is searching for a full-time QA Specialist.
This position does not require prior experience in software development.
As a QA Specialist you’ll strive to understand our dynamic and diverse projects from the perspectives of our customers, using that insight to design and execute meaningful testing for our web platforms and mobile apps. You’ll be a vital piece of the growing Helcim Development Team – working alongside developers and product managers to deliver robust software.
As an ideal candidate you’re very detail-oriented, have a knack for finding issues and bugs, and have effective communication skills and strategies. You’re enthusiastic about understanding our business and learning new skills that enhance Helcim’s ability to create better experiences for our customers. You’re excited to pick-up new technological and organizational concepts, growing your knowledge together with the Development Team.
Helcim is a young, socially-responsible, positive, fast-paced company and team members must work well under pressure and enjoy having a diverse to-do list.
- Perform QA testing and review for software.
- Monitor bugs and customer feedback - provide insights on how to improve functionality.
- Create detailed, well structured test cases.
- Communicate with developers on discovered defects.
- Determine and use the best industry QA tools for your work.
- Contribute to product concept and development discussions.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or post-secondary institution.
- Critical thinker and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong time-management skills.
- An interest in learning software and technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn technology concepts.
- Ability to quickly learn business processes in various industries.
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals throughout the organization.
Compensation, Benefits & Hours
Salary based on experience and education. Helcim offers paid health benefits, great vacation time and lots of perks. Full-time position in Calgary; 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.